PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
newest pic ive done
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

BoomingCreation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: newest pic ive done Reply with quote

I know some will say that its been done by people many times over. But I also know just like space... Everything will be unique from picture to picture. I hope people like it. I havent made stuff for a while cause i have been busy with car audio. but here she is. photobucket probably made the picture smaller though so if the detail has changed then ill link it

space.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  183.35 KB
 Viewed:  1065 Time(s)

space.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Datameister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job! The nebula is looking good, and the planets are quite well executed. I'm sure most of the people who're into space scenes have read my rants, and I've said all I need to say on that topic. I, for one, love space scenes. Even ones that are simply space scenes for the sake of space scenes. As long as they're done well, I love 'em. I know I talk a lot about "introducing other elements" and "adding a new dimension," but those are just tips for artistic growth. You've done a very good job on this piece, and I have no complaints.

Well, OK, I do have one little critique--there's an area at the lower right of the nebula that has a hard circular cutout. Perhaps an area where there was originally another planet? Other than that, looking good.

EDIT: Another thing I forgot. Keep in mind that planets generally orbit stars, with incomprehensibly huge distances between them. If you want to go for a strictly realistic approach, this scene couldn't work, but it's fine to go for a more fantastic style. Take Greg Martin for example--a lot of his work isn't astrophysically feasible, but it's beautiful to behold anyway. Just something to consider.

BoomingCreation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the comments as always, where can i go to view some of your work? What other elements could i throw in here? like 3d modelled ships and such?

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the nebuae and the planets are ok, but i thin the stars in the lower region of trhe image are far too bright, yes, and i agree with adding some 3d space ships and the like in there to add rtht little extra touch of uniqueness, good work though!, keep it up boomingcreations!

Free File Uploader for Everyone to use
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Kyoji24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice job man, I especially like the colors (the blue and purple) that you chose to go within the images.

Datameister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
where can i go to view some of your work? What other elements could i throw in here? like 3d modelled ships and such?

To be honest, I haven't done a whole lot of space scenes, except for my three entries in the SOTW contest. All three of those introduce some elements that make them different. The first has text that appears to be physically interacting with the lighting in the scene. The third one appears to be a tactical readout or something similar, and the alien language adds some interest. The second one is the one I like best (and it won Big Grin ) because it demonstrates what I'm talking about better than my other two entries. There's a man watching from within the ship, and that human element adds both scale and story. In essence, it gets you to think more. Usually, humans prefer art that inspires thought--conscious or subconscious.

You can add humans, spaceships, space stations, alien races, unusual or original structures, interesting anomalies, and all sorts of other things.

I'd recommend trying a little digital painting. Learning this skill allows you to incorporate other things into your art with absolute flexibility and originality, without resorting to filters. You really need a Wacom tablet to do it, but it's worth the money. I've found a love for painting in Photoshop. This is one of my pieces. (No stealing my art, people!)

And here's a quick black-and-white sketch I did for conceptart.org's Daily Sketch Group, about a week ago.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. :)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, datameister, thats amazing stuff, very high attention to detail, nice one!

Free File Uploader for Everyone to use
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: