PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
My latest attempt at a space scene
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: My latest attempt at a space scene Reply with quote

Hi all, here is my latest attempt at a space scene, feel free to scrutanize as much as youd like! im trying to get good at space scenes after the work from shadow and booming inspired me, so, please ell me how to imrpove my work!

oh, and btw, the image quality may look abit weird, especailly on the planet, as the planet itself was on a 6000x6000 canvas, and then re sized down, and the actual image your seeings original size was 5000x4000

Free File Uploader for Everyone to use
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

BoomingCreation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting there, just keep on a working! The stars/neb looks sweet

Kyoji24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work jersey hacker, keep at it man.

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot for your opinions, but is there anything on the image i could improve on?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Datameister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and foremost: interest. I really hate to say this, but space scenes are so overdone these days that there's no longer anything really artistic about the majority of them. These days, you have to be really, really, really good to pull off a plain old space scene and have it look unique.

You haven't done a bad job at all. Just try to branch out a little more and include things in the image that add a new dimension to it--story, philosophy, character, history, humor, whatever.

A few technical notes. The stars are almost invisible, except for in the nebula. In real life, the opposite is more likely to be true. Nebulae tend to conceal stars (except for a few very bright ones), not make them more visible. Also, the brightest limb of the planet looks odd. I think you've got some cloud cover there, but the shading looks odd because the mid-saturation green goes right to gray. In general, try to avoid using the Clouds filter so much. The shapes it produces become very familiar to anyone who has used Photoshop for a while.

Technically, this is very good stuff. Just work on making it more than another space scene on the web. :)

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, thanks alot, i just felt like trying dsomething like this as ive never done a complete space scene before, ill take into consideation what youve said though, thanks, datameister

Kyoji24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jersey Hacker wrote:
Thanks alot for your opinions, but is there anything on the image i could improve on?

Well if I was you I woudn't had made the planet so dark at the bottom. I probably would had made more contrast as the top half was.

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason i mad eit soo dark at the bottom, is to try and make it look like the light is coming from one direction and beaming a bright light on one surface, but then causing the other side to be completely unseen, as i thought this might make it more realistic, as im sure many planets are like that, the dark side of the moon, for example

Datameister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeh, thanks alot, i just felt like trying dsomething like this as ive never done a complete space scene before

Nothing wrong with that. Just something to take into consideration if you decide to continue doing space scenes. Keep up the excellent work, man!

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot, ill keep trying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: