PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Images in Photoshop appear darker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

badbrains

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Images in Photoshop appear darker Reply with quote

My problem is that whenever I open an image in Photoshop (CS2), it appears darker than it actually is. As you can see in this screenshot, there is a clear color difference between the two title bars. Any ideas?

Crazy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change the properties?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

badbrains

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried that, but I cant seem to find the right one to change. I have also tried holding Shift+Ctrl+Alt while PS starts up to see if that would fix it, but it didnt. Frown

cbadland

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike web browsers or cheapie image viewers, Photoshop is a Color Managed environment.

First, run Adobe Gamma to get a good monitor profile. If most of your work is for web (or to be viewed on the computer) change the Color Settings to Web Graphics Defaults (sRGB). If most of your work is for print, use U.S. Prepress Defaults (Adobe RGB).

Or (as has been recommend here) go to View>Proof Setup and choose Monitor RGB. This is not Color Managing, but might make the images displayed in PS look better.

badbrains

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks cbadland! Checking 'Monitor RGB' solved my problem. I tried using Adobe Gamma, but I wasn't satisfied with the results and I ended up using the Display Optimization Wizard included with Nvidia drivers. Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: