PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Pandora
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Shadow™

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Pandora Reply with quote

Latest space scene, using digital painting!
http://www.deviantart.com/view/21247031/

stevealmighty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly crap! You drew that (or used just photoshop to make it)? Wow, very nice indeed! You should get a tablet (that "tab thingy" you referred to below your picture)-->it'd give you more control over your airbrush, and give you the freedom to draw as if using a pencil or actual airbrush. You can pick one up for about $99 USD.
All gave some, some gave all.....Lest we forget that war produces veterans, wounded both mentally and physically, and it is our job to help them now, as they have already helped us all in ways we will never know, and in ways that we take for granted every day.

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can i say, amazing work again shadow!!

Free File Uploader for Everyone to use
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Datameister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very nice job. The brushing is done very well, despite the lack of graphics tablet. I'd really like to know how you typically create planets--I've seen a number of methods used, and have a few of my own, and I'm curious about yours. I remember you saying you had a totally different method. In any case, looks great!

Shadow™

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my methods are diffrent but are probably similar to some, what I do is I look for stock photos of concrete, cracked mud and stuff, rusted metal, and the manipulate and merge them together using the clone tool and using various filters for clouds and other effects, blending modes for water etc. Then the planets atmosphere and stuff itself, I only make once and use it over, it's just a base, a blank circle, the shadows are a duplicated base layer blurred at 100%, then free transformed to fit the planet and texture, that's just a basic layout, it's actually more complex then just that but that's a basic idea.

Doppelganger2nd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STOP MAKING US ALL LOOK BAD! heh, just kidding, ver well done. you are amazing. keep it up. :P

Datameister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Shadow. That makes sense. Keep up the awesome work!

Quote:
STOP MAKING US ALL LOOK BAD!

Okay, I know you're kidding, but don't say that to him. Let me tell you, it's one of the worst feelings in the world to accomplish something great but have your joy cut short by someone feeling overly inferior. Again, I know you're just kidding. But keep that in mind...

Doppelganger2nd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry. maybe i have a different kinda sense of humor. wont happen again. good job shadow.

ronmatt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it alot, great planet, I'm gonna try your technique soon. Maybe tomorrow. Hope you don't mind.

Shadow™

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go ahead, im probably not the only one that uses it, I find it more effective then most. You might too :).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: