PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
My first sig
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

stevealmighty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: My first sig Reply with quote

This is the first ever signature that I made. I made it a couple 2 or 3 months ago. Everything that is in the sig, I made from scratch; The lightning, the galaxy, the transparent text, the "cloud thingy" in the middle of the galaxy, everything. It took me a few hours, and it was also the first time that I had used Image Ready.

This is also the sig that I was talking about for reducing image size for the web (from my other topic).

Just kinda throwing this out there to see what people think of it. Bear in mind that this was my FIRST ATTEMPT at anything of the sort. I've dropped the resolution for it, so it looks kinda crappy, and it's still to big for the web, so I'll host it via image shack.

[img][/img]

All gave some, some gave all.....Lest we forget that war produces veterans, wounded both mentally and physically, and it is our job to help them now, as they have already helped us all in ways we will never know, and in ways that we take for granted every day.

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It very good, especiallly for your first sig, some will say the background is too bland, but if you added stuff, i think it would ruin it, so in all, very good first attempt

8/10

Free File Uploader for Everyone to use
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Kyoji24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good attempt for your first one

stevealmighty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jersey Hacker wrote:
It very good, especiallly for your first sig, some will say the background is too bland, but if you added stuff, i think it would ruin it, so in all, very good first attempt

8/10

I actually had small white dots that faded, or "twinkled" in the background, all different sizes and intensities, which looked pretty cool. In my attempts to make it smaller, I did away with those layers Frown Oh well, lesson learned!

All gave some, some gave all.....Lest we forget that war produces veterans, wounded both mentally and physically, and it is our job to help them now, as they have already helped us all in ways we will never know, and in ways that we take for granted every day.

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i suppose that would like nice, but to be honest, i like it as it is just fine!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

stevealmighty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jersey Hacker wrote:
Well, i suppose that would like nice, but to be honest, i like it as it is just fine!

Sweet-->thanx bro!

Thanx to all of you guys for your input, too! Big Grin

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Problem, i would just like to see your future work, if your first sig is as good as that, probably better than what i could do

def1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only problem i have with it is the size and the text is practicly unreadable

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i kind of agree on the size, maybe take 100 pixels of the width, but the text, to me anyway, is fine, i like it alot, as i think the style and font is brilliant, and is quite easily readable to me

stevealmighty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

def1 wrote:
only problem i have with it is the size and the text is practicly unreadable

Really? Hard to read? Confused Hmmm...I searched long and hard for that text! I had a fancy looking text in there when I was making it, but it looked kinda "girly"...

BTW...Thanks for your positive comments Jersey Hacker Big Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: