PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
New Clan Site Design
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: New Clan Site Design Reply with quote

Hello all at PS Forums,

im in the process of making a new site for my clan, and was wondering if you guys could give me a verdict on it,

Its a clan about Counter Strike Source, and im just making a new site for it, ive only done the header, and i wanna know how good it is and what to change.

Could you guys give me a rate out of 10, and what to improve on, thanks alot everyone, here is the header:

NOTE: I have put no copyright on this, as i want everyone to see what it would look llike properly, without a copyright notice ruining it, that shows i trust people, please do not steal this, thanks!

professional pwnage header copy.jpg
 Description:
[PP] CLANSITE HEADER
 Filesize:  99.19 KB
 Viewed:  611 Time(s)

professional pwnage header copy.jpg

Free File Uploader for Everyone to use
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

def1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks more like a hosting header then a clan template, I'd imagine a clan header being grungy

Datameister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I agree with def1 a little, but I definitely like this design. I feel like the gray areas in the elliptical "window" are a bit empty or blank; perhaps a grunge feel would indeed enhance the effect.

Overall, it's looking really great. I'd give it a 7.8/10. Big Grin

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, thing is, i havent gone for a grunge effect as i didnt wont to ruin it, i wanted to keep it clean, yet modern, i quite like the design, but the problem is, i run linux, and as i was updating my gentoo linux kernel to 2005.0, i did something wrong, and now, the linux OS and the hard drive that runs it, fails, and i need to re-install, but all my ps brushes (1000's) are on that drive, so i cant access them and cannot be bothered to download them again, so ill edit it with brush effects on the grey bits when i get my drive back

Thanks for the ratings guys

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Tracymae

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont have to put a copyright notice on your work to protect it. It is copyrighted to you as soon as its published. If you did find someone had used it illegally then all you have to do is prove it was your image (source file) and that you published it first.
The copyright notice just makes it easier to prove, it doesnt mean an image without a copyright notice isnt copyright protected. (UK law anyway)
If I find the stuff from college I will check but I am sure I am right, I did a module of Law in the Communication Industries as part of the course.

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH, right thanks for that, i wasnt sure, so i thought id warn people not to take it, but thanks for comfirming, anyway, what do you think of the header?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: