PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Problem creating Vector Mask
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Jabster UK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Problem creating Vector Mask Reply with quote

Hi, I'm following a tutorial which explains how to inset buttons onto surfaces, but unfortunately I've got stuck.
To create the inset effect I've had to duplicate the vector mask for my shape, then create a path around the shape, the tutorial then asks to create a new vector mask by right clicking anywhere on the document and pressing 'create new vector mask', however this button is grayed out so I can't press it. (refer below)

I'm using photoshop version 7.0, and the tutorial I'm following is this one
I'm on step 5. If you know why it isn't working and what I need to do to fix it then any help would be appreciated.

Datameister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still using PS6, but from what I understand, it's the same in version 7. You should have the layer selected, not the path, before you click the Vector Mask button. I think.

Jabster UK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out I forgot to make a new layer after transforming the path. But I finally got it:

Thanks for your help anyhow.

Datameister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! The graphic is looking good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: