PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Robot Head Design
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Datameister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Robot Head Design Reply with quote

I designed this robot head about a year ago. All the graphics work was done in Photoshop. I had two photographic sources: a photo of a human skull (which I traced over and used its teeth) and a picture I took at Trinity Lake in Northern California, used in the reflections.

PLEASE do not copy or steal any of the ideas I used here. I get paranoid about my intellectual property. That's why I used that weird watermark.

I'd like constructive feedback, please...

Click for full view.

def1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like those black lines

Datameister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The watermark? Yeah, me neither. But I'm quite fond of the image, and I wanted to prevent theft. It's not that I don't trust people here; but anyone anywhere in the world could access this picture and use it as their own if I didn't make it unusable. Big Grin

cbadland

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind

Last edited by cbadland on Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

stevealmighty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like everything but the yellow for the nasal pasages. Perhaps change that to the same color as the teeth would be my only change. However, as long as you like it....that's all that matters Big Grin
All gave some, some gave all.....Lest we forget that war produces veterans, wounded both mentally and physically, and it is our job to help them now, as they have already helped us all in ways we will never know, and in ways that we take for granted every day.

Datameister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nasal module was a tough choice, and I still haven't decided if I'll keep it that way. I may end up changing its color.

The story behind that nasal module: The alien race that helped design this android uses a series of large pores in the front of its face to smell and breathe. The reasoning was that although they designed this to be humanoid, they used components of their own physiology to improve the design.

Thanks for the comments!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: