PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Greetings and I need some help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Corrinthia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Greetings and I need some help Reply with quote

Hello all! I tried the "official" adobe support boards and they were utterly useless. Maybe you guys can give me a hand hehe even if you just reply to this you will be doing more than they did :P

Issue:
Photoshop CS2 (9.0)
Brushes Menu does not appear..all i get is a looooong blank box that goes across the screen where it would normally show me all the brush sets I have, let me reset them, change the thumbnail, ect. This is true for the Brush Tool menu, and the main Brushes viewer menu (or whatever its called.. over on the right next to styles tabe and all that jaz) I can see the brushes fine in my Preset Manager.. but going there to reset them is getting to be a reaaaaaly big pain.
Any ideas on this would be a really big help!
I have unistalled and reinstalled it once already, and have not added any specialty brush sets yet.

Specs:
Windows XP
1 gig ram
I still have photoshop 7 installed on a separate drive.. could that be the issue?

Oh and ya.. the tools freezing..thats just a "need tons more ram for this program" issue eh?

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS 7 shouldn't be an issue, I still have mine installed as well (I have so many plugins) My guess is it's a problem with your copy of PS it might be worth returning it to your dealer and asking for a replacement copy. Anybody else got any ideas? Wayne

cbadland

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried resetting (“trashing”) your preferences? (reinstalling PS does NOT reset preferences.)

Corrinthia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grr dont really want to take it back.. the whole suite works fine except for this.. and I just noticed that its not just the Brushes menu... it the Tool options menus too... its like there is a missing file for the menus..or that its being used for another program or some odd thing like that.

I tried trashing the preferences. Thanks for the suggestion.. but it didnt work...
Maybe if i could figure out which dll controls the menus i could figure it out..

anyhoo, thanks again for the replies and suggestions.. I will give it a few more days.. if I cant get it working then it will be back to the vendor for me and an angry letter to adobe lol

cbadland

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is … really odd.
Just out of curiosity, how did you trash your prefs? Keyboard combo at startup, or trash the preferences folder?

Corrinthia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever i uninstalled it (going on 3 times now) i clicked the option to "remove all preferences"
Is there something else i should do to remove them? Thanks!

cbadland

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well… that's where I may be of limited help. I’m a mac user, and there is no “uninstalling” of software. Just drag the app to the trashcan.

What I would try is the keyboard combo to trash the prefs at start-up (works for Macs and PCs). Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Opt+Cmd+Shift for Macs) as you launch Photoshop. (hold the keys AS YOU LAUNCH Photoshop, not after.) You’ll get a prompt to delete current settings.

Good luck. Let us know.

Corrinthia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh thanks, i didnt know you could do that. Anyhoo, it didnt work..

I managed to get a screen shot of it, if it helps. It happens with every menu access button (the one my mouse cursor is over) from Brushes to layer comps.. grrr

*pulls more hair out*

screenshot:

crappycs2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.98 KB
 Viewed:  560 Time(s)

crappycs2.jpg

Datameister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird...no experience with CS2 here, so I can't help you. Frown I haven't used anything more recent than PS 6.

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought but theres a bar across your screen (under your curser) if you drag that out of the way does it make any difference? Wayne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: