PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Hi Newbie here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Tracymae

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Hi Newbie here Reply with quote

Hello, new on here and I thought I better introduce myself.
I spend my time online mostly making pet portraits to raise money for animal shelters in the UK. I use photoshop to change photos into portrait style prints.
I have come here hoping to get loads more experience using photoshop and hopefully sharing a few things I have learned too!
I have writen a tutorial thread for creating pet portraits but have no idea if it makes sense, so will probably post that too.
Ok intro over... here is an example of my work

All comments welcome!

Xopods

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good isolation work. I find the halo effect a little cheesy, but it wouldn't look good on a solid background, so you probably have little choice in the matter.

My biggest complaint would be that it looks more like a hunter's trophy mounted on the wall than a portrait. Maybe if the neck sort of faded into the background instead of terminating abruptly?

Saturnine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the way those stray hairs are hanging are pretty cool. Must have been painstaking to not erase em!! Its pretty good! But the halo is pretty cheesy!

Tracymae

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL thanks guys! Now you mention it you are right it does look cheesy, like a religeous glow, lol and get what you mean about the trophy head, that made me laugh too. Unfortunatley couldn't do much about that because of the angle on the original photo.
Ok will post another want to know what you think of this one
Before-

After-

Good, bad or ugly? Where can it be improved? what would you do with the original?
Thanks, this is the first time I have had any feedback, it helps loads.

Xopods

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I'm not sure exactly what you did, maybe feathered the selection too much or something, but there's a thin area of the background just to the left of the dog that sticks out from the rest. Other than that, it's pretty nice.

Desaturating an image and leaving only the eyes in colour is something you see all over the place, but what the heck. You're doing animal portraiture, not trying to revolutionise art. :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: