PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Snowblind
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Xopods

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the very first sentence I wrote in this thread, I called it a logotype. Other people started calling it a logo, and I didn't want to be pedantic.

I will admit to doing little work on paper, apart from jotting down the idea when it occurred to me. You've got me there, and it's an offense I commit all too often when playing around with my own ideas. When doing work for a client, I go through thumbnails and roughs on paper before touching the computer.

If you're going to accuse me of breaking all the common laws of identity design, however, could you specify what those laws might be? We're all here to learn, after all. (I hope this doesn't sound defensive... I'm genuinely looking for advice, here)

The black and white issue is a good point to raise. It looks okay in greyscale, but of course, the gradients are problematic if the medium is binary black and white.

As for your last two points, I can see a case for either one alone - the first, more than the second - but not together. You can't complain about the letters being hard to see and then tell me the design has nothing to do with blindness.

ekosh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think as a logotype alone it doesnt work so well but i could see it being used in the header of a website maybe. I still am having trouble making out hte blind even when i what it says, although it is better than the origonal more burried looking, it really looks like 2 words because of the dead space between the bl and the i, i keep reading it as snowbl lnd maybe its just me I think more of the L needs to show or something.

Xopods

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, but don't see any way to fix the problem. "LI" is just not a good pair of letters to crop the bottoms off of. The concept was flawed to begin with, and as thehermit points out, if I'd done sketches on paper first, I'd have realised that. I've got to stop being so lazy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: