PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
A new site I'm developing for tutorials
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

jojodi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: A new site I'm developing for tutorials Reply with quote

I started developing a tutorial site mainly for photoshop and dreamweaver in a fashion to help beginners and others see new ways to do things, or to clarify how some things can be done. Please tell me some opinion on how well this is put together so far. (IT's VERY under-construction-ish, so be gentle lol) I currently have 1 Beginner's tutorial there.

http://vivid.sanam.com

Thank you!

owyn_davies

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crikey, first impression. bloody awesome graphics on first page, talented. im jealous, when my crappy sig is pile of crap any (you can have a crack at it if you want) way;

im a beginner so here goes;

good opening paragraph etc, but, u need to be formal, the incorrect usage of capital letters really hacks me off [and not including this post!], u aint used them on first words in sentences like, 'this' and 'now'.

again, that left hand picture absract thing is really amazing (fancy a go at my sigs]?

again, i clicked on tuorial, no capitols on the paragraphs. also dont include those crappy keyborad smileys if you wanna make it look pro, like ^_^

it took me about 2 mins to figure out i had to click on the header to continue to the tutorial, perhaps its just being slow!?

the left had vivd picture is good, whats the font? im gonna have a go at summn like that, very clear instructions i followed it and youre right its without the bull

well done mate

ill be keeping an eye on the site, its gonna be good

jojodi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the constructive criticism mate. the lowercase thing is kind of deliberate (did you notice how there are NO capitals at all?), and partially just kind of the tone of the "no bull" thing that I'm going for. this isn't made to be a professional site or anything, it's just me trying to help people that want help. Angel I promise I'll add direct links from teh news posts on the front page and finish up some more of the site. If you have any suggestions for tutorials, please tell me. I'm open for anything. they only take around an hour to make. Being 17 and out of school at the moment makes this an opportune time to help others out with web development and such.

So, cheers again!
Jojodi

Oh, PS: is the actual layout any good?

Last edited by jojodi on Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

def1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

error 404 : file not found

jojodi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

def1 wrote:
error 404 : file not found

Sorry, I just switched entire folder sets (and updated this domain address) in the server so try it again.

Sometime in the next couple of days, this will be moving to a new server, so all this will be gravy and I will be on my own dot com.

def1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool site its awesome! review my design please
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: