PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
I-Podshack.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

def1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: I-Podshack.com Reply with quote

www.i-podshack.com

it may prompt you to sign in just ignore that. barely made it today, what do you guys think?

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems more like a huge image map rather than a website.

The header of the site is far too large it should be about 1/8th or more of the size it is now. You are not being realistic about the screen real estate available to you, the optimum size you should be developing for is still 800px x 600px, that in reality gives you a maximum area of 742px x 480px, your header alone would fill that!

The navigation is also far too large and could do with some refinement, rollovers and tool tips would be an advantage.

I would honestly say that you need to learn to walk before you can run, it's no use churning out one website after another if they are all lacklustre.

Be careful about what images you use, a quick Google search revealed on the 1st page of results returned where you sourced one of your images from. Make sure that you own or have the permission of the copyright holder to use any and all images you did not create yourself. You cannot sell any work that you did not create, it's called theft and makes you look less than creative to say the least.

Also run your text through a spellchecker and get friends to read through the website before upping it, there are a number or grammatical errors I can see straight off the bat. There is no need to capitalise letters in the middle of a sentence.

def1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.i-podshack.com/homepage.html thinking of changing it to something like this

ekosh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the second one looks more like it was designed by a web designer although you dont look at it and think ipods so maybe take the layout of the 2nd one nd incorporate something ipodish into it

thehermit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, the second is far better but does need (ahemm) 'podding up' :)

def1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well Im glad you like it, can you guys explain to me how I could put ipods in the background and be able to write over them?

ekosh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh well i would ditch the leaves and just pull the orange from the site and do something like what i have posted below, also would make the orange header blocks on the right extend so they line up wiht the top of the right side of the header down the side and maybe center the entire site.

ipod.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.31 KB
 Viewed:  705 Time(s)

ipod.jpg

Haunus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekosh wrote:
eh well i would ditch the leaves and just pull the orange from the site and do something like what i have posted below, also would make the orange header blocks on the right extend so they line up wiht the top of the right side of the header down the side and maybe center the entire site.

nice

def1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the advice, ekosh nice little logo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: