PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Help me with price
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

def1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Help me with price Reply with quote

www.swiftwhois.com

Im think its around 100+ what about you?

Xopods

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean price? How much the design cost, you mean?

def1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no how much the site is worth to sell, script and everything, it gets 25-30 hits a day

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be funny, but why would someone want to buy it? There are many WHOIS sites out there already, without some tangible commerce potential I can't see why it would be of much value to a customer.

I am also a litle non-plussed about piggybacking your service from Internic, perhaps you could exlpain a little about this? It occurs to me that users might just as well use their service instead of yours.

What use/market/target audience did you intend this for?

The design of the site is also a little confused (the graphical elements) The name of the site only appears in the body text of the site and not in the header or graphical elements.

I was amazed that you have advertised your site in so many places a Google search on you listed more than 2 pages of results, if you want an offer on the site you have certainly spread your net far and wide. At the end of the day it will be worth what someone is willing to pay (market forces and all that jazz), I would say you need to think about how potential customers can gain revenue from the site or perhaps how they could usefully intergrate into their existing site.

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit wrote:
I would say you need to think about how potential customers can gain revenue from the site or perhaps how they could usefully intergrate into their existing site.

You said it all in that one sentence. Good suggestion.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you're talking about the design or the site, but if the site... they're called turnkey sites. They're generally sold for around $20 each. If they're well done, they can go for more, sometimes. (Other factors such as traffic, domain name, design, etc. can play into it to drive the price up farther). Pretty rare when one gets to $100, though. I don't know if you could get much more than $20 for that one, but you may be able to get a little more depending on if you find someone who likes it. The places to post (that I know of) would be SitePoint, WebHostingTalk and DeveloperCube. SitePoint has a $9.95 listing fee which you probably can't justify for one, but if you produce a bunch of them, you can list them all on one thread and you may be able to justify it.

I'm not a big fan of the practice myself, but it's a part of web development now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: