PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
appleseed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

<aazumak>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: appleseed Reply with quote

hey, if you guys have some spare time look up apple seed the movie. they dont have any renders on a solid color as far as i could find but i like the things, made from the people that made ghost in da shell, heres a wallpaper for it, using only 1 brush:) i'm getting ps cs on thurdays wooy:) fiannly brushes this is my 1st wallpaper, tell me what you think

4fireworksbig2.jpg
 Description:
here
 Filesize:  88.33 KB
 Viewed:  949 Time(s)

4fireworksbig2.jpg

<aazumak>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it just me or does noone post one any of my works?
all i want is a yes no, good bad.

Shadow™

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty good, just blend in your images more, and work on your text. It'll make it look alot better!

Xopods

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend thinking more about design.. the usual things - alignment, visual cues to guide the eye, etc. The effects in the background look cool, but everything else is just kind of slapped on, so the net effect looks cluttered and incoherent.

<aazumak>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i took your advie, made the people a little smaller, feathered their edges moved the txt, and gave the robot a red eye to match the red dots.

appleseed.jpg
 Description:
:)
 Filesize:  154.83 KB
 Viewed:  913 Time(s)

appleseed.jpg

ekosh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats better, I would recomend centering the text as well as making the text blend in a little better with the background

Xopods

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better, but could still be improved. Try finding a way to connect the two pieces of text together visually. Right now there's a lot of trapped space on the left side, and the robot is looking at nothing in particular.

Maybe if you somehow enhanced the repetition of the two red dots with the robot's eye. Say some kind of red beam coming out of his eye and bouncing off one red dot to the other, to tie everything together? I like the way the dot is in the D of Appleseed. Maybe it should also be inside one of the letters of Aazumak? Perhaps in the counter (the triangular space) of the first A... that way the dot is at the end of one word and the beginning of the next...

As usual, these are not ideas that need to be used as is... just trying to offer some suggestions to get your own creative juices flowing.

<aazumak>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the movie apple seed, ina ll the things tyhat say appleseed, there is a red dot in the last D. so i made the robot's eye into a red dot and there is a red dot on the last K in aazumak, i thought it should be in the k cause it is the last letter ans they seem to have a similarity to me

but the idea of a light beam shooting right out of the eye and going off the screen wpuld be great!!! leave the dots as they are but make that beam, which would fill up the rest.

tnks for the idea!

Xopods

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<aazumak> wrote:
the movie apple seed, ina ll the things tyhat say appleseed, there is a red dot in the last D. so i made the robot's eye into a red dot and there is a red dot on the last K in aazumak, i thought it should be in the k cause it is the last letter ans they seem to have a similarity to me

but the idea of a light beam shooting right out of the eye and going off the screen wpuld be great!!! leave the dots as they are but make that beam, which would fill up the rest.

tnks for the idea!

You're welcome. But if that beam is straight, you're going to have a very strong line in the design, so you have to make sure that other things align with it, or else they'll seem like they're floating. If you used the beam as an underline for the title or something, that would be okay.

Shadow™

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice improvement, but I would recommend a diffrent way of blending, duplicate your render, set the bledning mode of the bottom one to overlay, then change the opactiy of the top one to 70%-80%, then desaturate the top one by pressing Ctrl+Shift+U, then put the two layers underneath your color layers, if you used color balance layers this should work very well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: