PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
yes its a noob...resolution issues i believe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

fenderman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: yes its a noob...resolution issues i believe Reply with quote

I am learing Adobe cs on the fly, doing adcopy for a newspaper, we are using to quark for design but I am creating the ads in PS.
Why is it when I resize images to fit, or even print to see what it looks like in real size, the text looks pixelated, Am i to set the resolution higher?...I know this sounds like a completely lame question but the help w/ ps is a hard read for someone with little graphics experience..
thanks in advance for any light shed on this...btw, i'm using 72 pixels/inch...seems low to me...

HELP!

fenderman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okies...I got it sussed out, but any tips on getting the best rez from scans or phtots would be most welcome...

witam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a resolution of 300 dpi or 600 dpi even would be better for print purposes.

http://members.chello.be/wotsa
http://www.shadowness.com/witam

thehermit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using it in conjunction with Quark, let Q handle the text and the kerning, margins et al.

Obviously you set the images resolution to the same as the print output (as a rule) so if you are printing a magazine at 166lpi then do the maths.

this link will probably explain it better than I could: www.planetphotoshop.com/tutorials/pete225.html

fenderman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks ppls! This question relates to ads that we are designing.we have got a handle on quark. but I guess the 2 setting ought to be the same lol....one more thing to check....
I am new to all this so, I'm sure I will have many more questions. Our printer(meaning the guy with the press) is coming to set us up with the proper cmyk settings for his particular press.

thanks again...

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are all students of Photoshop fender :)

If you need any links with inky fingered types give us a shout and I will see if I can dig any up from the H/D.

fenderman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks hermit, is there a standard setting for newsprint regarding bits? 8 or 16- or is that up to the individual press owner....?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: