PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Porosity Measurement
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

aladouce

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Porosity Measurement Reply with quote

First off I want to say that I am new to these forums and fairly new to photoshop. I am trying to do some porosity measurements using photoshop and Imagej. I have come across a few issues.

The main issue deals with the contrast inside the larger pores. When I try to find the edges, the shadows that extend across the larger pores are detected as an edge (thus creating a false pore). My main goal is to make the pores appear extremely different from the rest of the material so I can use the thresholding tool in ImageJ to do the porosity measurement. Any suggestions?

I have attached a few images to show the original and issues. The original does not correspond to the issue image, but the principal is the same. Notice in the issue image pore 348. It has been found to basically be a sliver running the circumference of the pore instead of encompassing the entire pore itself. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Alex

issue.tif
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  issue.tif
 Filesize:  130.91 KB
 Downloaded:  218 Time(s)

original.tif
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  original.tif
 Filesize:  146.46 KB
 Downloaded:  196 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: