PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photoshop Hand Tool and panning the canvas issue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Ritzin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Photoshop Hand Tool and panning the canvas issue Reply with quote

I'm relatively new to PS CS5 and it appears that I've run into an issue I can't figure out. This is the case: I create a new canvas, then I zoom in. If I try to use the hand tool to pan the canvas, the former is stuck in a static position, while at other instances, panning works completely fine. I might have accidentally windowed the brush preset panel, so that the image frame thinks it does not need to be panned, thus resulting in having my canvas behind the layer, swatch and brush preset panels. Any help is much appreciated.

Auieos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why you have that problem. I windowed the brush preset panel and it didn't effect the hand tool.

There are mouse and keyboard shortcuts that may help you work your way around the canvas.

Alt+Mouse scroll wheel = Zoom in and out
Hold Spacebar = Instant Pan Hand
Z+Left mouse button = use your mouse movements to zoom in and out

When your zoomed in you can use the mouse scroll wheel to scroll up and down the canvas. If you hold Ctrl it will scroll side to side.

Tap tab to get rid of all the tabs for complete canvas focus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: