PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Old & new graphics, advices & comments appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

cyshing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Old & new graphics, advices & comments appreciated. Reply with quote

First post in this forum, since there is a graphics review forum, i decided to post this.

I have some interest in doing this graphic things. it was in 2005 that i first learn about and interested in using photoshop. That was when i saw other people doing beautiful or cool signatures in an online game forum.

i still using photoshop sometimes now, not often, due to busy and lack of ideas. I'm not doing any profession related to graphics, it's just kinda like a hobby to me. So I'm posting some of my old and recent works, please give me some advices for more progressive improvement in design. I feel like i did not move on, ideas to design rarely come into my mind, and i'm still using simple combination of tool and filters to create graphics. I'm trying to do larger graphics such as desktop wallpaper but always give up because they are too ugly.

Here's some signature design i made few years back when i learned the very basic of playing with filters and basic animation in ImageReady. I considered this was my 1st stage because i mainly doing signature for forums.

Around half year later since i first touch photoshop... i started to make forum headers... or things other than signatures
---------------added wallpapers that i made before------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

forum headers requested by others in other forums(i dont know whether they ever being used or not)
*click for bigger view

Made to fit in a green and dark/black forum that i once created.

A school annual magazine frontpage design contest submission(not chosen)
-the bottom part was the year's theme: Creative, innovative & progressive build excellent (something like that in english, dont remember... lol)
-i made a software box like, trying to deliver the message that my school build or produce excellent pupils.(not me though Dodgy ), the buiding in pic was my school.
*click to view larger.

A logo(got a few variation but this was chosen finally) i made for Malaysian Pen Spinning Community

forum header

an animated promo banner i made recently.

a christmas style

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, cyshing. :) I definitely see large improvement from the first images to the last. I think that over time, you get better with experience and with increased knowledge of the software. It may not always feel like it, though.

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

darklite

PS Version: cs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your designs are great! Keep up the good work. You're definitely figuring out the technical apsects and making the program work for you. It's true, it does just take time.

cyshing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Patrick: Thanks. Well, i have some tendency to fill up empty or big space sometimes... that's why designing a wallpaper(which is much larger than forum header or signature) seems quite difficult for me... i always feel too empty in my mind to design a wallpaper and with the limited skill i have, that's even more difficult. So i'm on and off learning photoshop.

@darklite: thanks.

Looks like i have to be more patience for my skills to be improved. BTW, any suggestion what else can i try to design/do that will help(in any aspect) other than wallpaper?

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, cyshing. :)

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: