PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Novice project--Please Critique
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

LooknGlass

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Novice project--Please Critique Reply with quote

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and started using Photoshop five months ago; three of which I spent watching and reading tutorials. This is my 1st project in which I made the background and used my own idea instead of copying another piece or using it as a template. Please feel free to tell me if it's crap or at least tell me what I could do to better it. Thanks for any input.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11804028@N02/5325599069/

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a piece like this, an artistic piece, it's generally mostly an opinion and taste thing. :) I think its an interesting piece and it took me a minute to come up with what I think is the meaning. It's creative.

The one thing I can come up with is the tear drop is a little blurry and I might like it better if it was sharper. :)

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Steve

PS Version: CS3 & CS5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you do this from scratch?

It's really good for only 5 months experience.

LooknGlass

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
Did you do this from scratch?

It's really good for only 5 months experience.

Thanks Steve, I was kinda proud of how it turned out, but I wasn't sure if it was any good from someone else's point of view. I didn't know if it looked to amateurish from the more seasoned Photoshopper point of view. But I really like this myself, amateurish or not. I can't wait to learn more.
The only thing I did from scratch was the background with assorted colors. The clock, gears, crack, teardrop, windup key and blue puddle I found at free pic sites. The eye was produced by the Knull Light factory plugin I was experimenting with. The rest was paint and brushes. I used the warp tool to peel back the eye lid.

P.S. Just to let you know, I've been layed off for the last 6 months and have A LOT of time in the day (and night) to fiddle with Photoshop. I have spent 6 to 8 hours a day watching tutorials, reading articles and experimenting, and I am hooked to say the least!!!..When I get back to work I'll probably be tired in the mornings because I was up to late on Photoshop lol.

Last edited by LooknGlass on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total

LooknGlass

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
With a piece like this, an artistic piece, it's generally mostly an opinion and taste thing. :) I think its an interesting piece and it took me a minute to come up with what I think is the meaning. It's creative.

The one thing I can come up with is the tear drop is a little blurry and I might like it better if it was sharper. :)

Thanks,

Patrick

Thanks Patrick. I appreciate you taking the time to post. I kinda blurred the teardrop on purpose because it seemed to stand out more than the rest of the picture, but upon looking closer I believe you are right, it needs to be sharper. Thanks for the input.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: