PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
None of My Photoshop tools are working!! HELP!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

murshed2010

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: None of My Photoshop tools are working!! HELP! Reply with quote

I recently bought a new computer about 6 months ago and installed Photoshop on it a few days after buying it. Everything was working normally and then suddenly yesterday all my tools stopped working. Heres what is going on with the tools:

Brush Tool: I can only click and it will draw but i cant hold/drag and draw

Eraser Tool: I can only click and it will erase but i cant hold/drag and erase

Crop tool: I cant adjust the sides or how much i want to crop (even in classic mode)

All other tools: I can't hold and use them

I cant even right click. So I have tried reinstalling several times and I have even tried CS5 demo. But the same problem still exists. In Microsoft Office Word i cant highlight anything. Whats going on? Can it be resolved? Is it my brand new Windows 8 computer? Photoshop works on my other computer.

Auieos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it could be your mouse. Can you click and hold in other applications, like highlighting text on this webpage?

Whatever it is I am sure it can be resolved, it is just a case of finding out what the exact problem is.

You can try plugging in another mouse or testing your mouse on a different PC and seeing if that helps.

murshed2010

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Definitely not my mouse because i tried another 2 mouses on photoshop

murshed2010

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will use PC decrapifier to uninstall other unused programs because it could be a program that is interfering with Photoshop and I will also scan my computer for viruses with BitDefender Total Security 2013. Also I will uninstall the program called Community Core Vision 1.5 because this problem occured around the time when i installed this program.

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reset your PS preferences? Hold Ctrl=Shift+Alt and keep them held whilst opening PS, it should give you the option to trash them; say yes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: