PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
New Guy, Need Some Help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

nuklhed92

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: New Guy, Need Some Help Reply with quote

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae66/nuklhed/g3wss.png

Im very, VERY new to Photoshop so please dont just laugh and criticize. Im working on an avatar that i wanna make, its going to be 64x64 on the site im putting it on, but if i can make it look good enough i might use it as a sig or something. since im really new i dont really know what i want so i was just messing around with a few things. My problem is that in the G and W there is purple that i dont want in there. how do i get it out? any help/suggestions/tips would be really appreciated. and also an ideas for maybe a whole new look would be really appreciated too!

Also, this is really off topic, but is there a way to make a picture larger without it getting distorted? because i made a pic at 500x500 then made it 64x64 and saved it at that, but now i need it bigger again.

Sorry for all the questions, i just really wanna get good at this stuff

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums nuklhed92, some of what you are asking is a little advanced I am guessing for where you are now in Photoshop, but hey! we all start somewhere and I don't want to presume your ability, so here goes.

You must have introduced the purple yourself, I can't tell due to screen size and perhaps layer stack, but you have a number of layer styles on there, it could be in one of those or from a layer blend mode, can't really tell. You also neglect to say what you want the hue of purple changing to. At the moment it looks like desaturation to remove the colour, but that will leave you without the red veining.

As for making images larger you have opened up a maelstrom, there are ways native in Photoshop and there are plugins available too. Reading around Bi-Cubic interpolation and the pros and cons would be a start, there is a school of thought that says Bi-Cubic Sharper is the best option but my understanding is that actually Bi-Cubic Smoother is the way to go. 3rd party plugins such as genuine fractals There are many others out there.

Hope that helps a little.

nuklhed92

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit wrote:
Welcome to the forums nuklhed92, some of what you are asking is a little advanced I am guessing for where you are now in Photoshop, but hey! we all start somewhere and I don't want to presume your ability, so here goes.

You must have introduced the purple yourself, I can't tell due to screen size and perhaps layer stack, but you have a number of layer styles on there, it could be in one of those or from a layer blend mode, can't really tell. You also neglect to say what you want the hue of purple changing to. At the moment it looks like desaturation to remove the colour, but that will leave you without the red veining.

As for making images larger you have opened up a maelstrom, there are ways native in Photoshop and there are plugins available too. Reading around Bi-Cubic interpolation and the pros and cons would be a start, there is a school of thought that says Bi-Cubic Sharper is the best option but my understanding is that actually Bi-Cubic Smoother is the way to go. 3rd party plugins such as genuine fractals There are many others out there.

thanks for the help. never could figure it out so i just moved on to my next project. im still trying to make the same thing but im not very creative. any suggestions on what i could try to make a cool looking avatar?

Coke Vanilla

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuklhed92 wrote:
thehermit wrote:

thanks for the help. never could figure it out so i just moved on to my next project. im still trying to make the same thing but im not very creative. any suggestions on what i could try to make a cool looking avatar?

If you want to be able to re-size an image back up after you've already scaled it down, just convert it to a smart object before scaling it down. It will keep the aspect ratio. So if you have a document 500x500 and you scale it down to say 100x50 you can always scale it back up to 500x500 at any time and it won't be distorted. However, you can't go over the original size of the document and expect it not to be distorted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: