PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Mask out Warm Background below warm image!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

arechigav17

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Mask out Warm Background below warm image! Reply with quote

How can I remove the background of images like this quicker???? Please Help. A similar image of the same guy has been cut already, and I'm happy with my outcome, my only problem is that it took me about 30 Minute. I used the burn tool on a copy of the blue channel to darken the hair and the rest of the body I did it with a Black brush all the way around the body, filled the inside with black, select the whole thing, did a 'select inverse', filled the rest with white and then inverted the colors, I came out really good actually. but it would really help me if there was a quicker method to do this fast. Please, Please HELP ME!!!!

cucoCut2Web.jpg
 Description:
This is the one that I cut the way I previously mentioned. It was taken in the same room with the same background.
 Filesize:  168.29 KB
 Viewed:  525 Time(s)

cucoCut2Web.jpg

cucoRaw3Web.jpg
 Description:
This is what I'm looking at now.
 Filesize:  182.63 KB
 Viewed:  525 Time(s)

cucoRaw3Web.jpg

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
first of all you should mentioned what version of ps you have, that gives us a idea what afeatures you have.... there not all version have the same features...

different way to extract a object and many time it depends on the image itself which is the best and quickest...

now quick selection along with refine edge .... can be fairly quick and give very good results..... if you have these features ... so heck out your ps version

thehermit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would generally go with channels and or calculations, seeing this image though where it is generally high key near high key, there is enough detail to differentiate, so I would probably go with the above advice from jerryb and hope you have the feature. You could use a general selection method and then go with quickmask to refine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: