PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Making a seamless pattern from a Stripe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

BPGD486

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Making a seamless pattern from a Stripe Reply with quote

I was attempting to recreate an effect I saw, but I could not get it to work.

I have a stripe that I downloaded from a Tutorial. (I would post the image here, if I knew how)

When I use a pattern overlay or pattern fill the stripe becomes one continuous pattern, seamless, and expands to the size of the object I am applying it to.

I tried to create the stripe from scratch and do the same, but instead of it being seamless it was a repeating pattern in squares, where the stripes did not line up.

I followed the directions I read on the net about using the offset filter but due to the fact that the stripe is alternating between yellow and black (think hazard tape) this does not work.

I cannot figure out the difference between the version i downloaded and I made. I followed the same steps, but I cannot get it to be seamless.

What do I need to do?

Warning Tape.jpg
 Description:
This was the version I made from scratch
 Filesize:  44.12 KB
 Viewed:  6522 Time(s)

Warning Tape.jpg

tape.jpg
 Description:
This was the original version I downloaded from the tutorial.
 Filesize:  13.54 KB
 Viewed:  6522 Time(s)

tape.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: