PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Making a PNG, how to do a Triangle cut out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Synapse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Making a PNG, how to do a Triangle cut out? Reply with quote

Let me try to write this so it makes sense. I am making a Logo PNG (going to use it for a shirt design) image and basically, its a circle, with some triangles cut out of it on one side. How can I make a single or multiple triangles and basically just... delete the part of the image in that area of the triangle? I dont have ANY background image, no white background ext, its just that the checkered background atm so that I can use this for a T-Shirt.

Does that make sense? So I basically just want to erase a triangle shape part of the image without actually erasing other layers.

Sorry if its a silly question, I am new to photoshop and I havent seen any guides on this yet.

Thank you in Advance for your help!

Auieos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create the circle on a separate layer to the triangles.

Use 'Ctrl + Left Click' on the layer thumbnail in the layers tab of the triangle layer to create a selection around the triangles.

After this make sure the layer focus is on the circle layer and press the delete key to remove what pixels are contained within the triangle shaped selection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: