PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Making a photoshop brush smooth like illustrator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

slippy88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Making a photoshop brush smooth like illustrator Reply with quote

Hi, on illustrator when i sketch with the brush it makes the line smooth and it looks good. However when i sketch a line on photoshop it is all jagged. Is there a way to auto smooth photoshop brush lines to be more like illustrator?

I havent got a graphics tab , and want to sketch with my mouse more easily.

Thanks

ron

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then, if you like the lines made in Illustrator...why not use Illustrator for making the lines and copy them into Photoshop? I like doing them that way...love that 'blob' tool in Illustrator

aoisenshi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's where Photoshop and Illustrator are different (in most ways). Illustrator uses vectors and Photoshop is bitmap based. That means that Illustrator uses algorithms to draw lines and curves so therefore you can zoom in all you want ant won't see pixelation, and Photoshop uses pixels.

If you don't want a line to be jagged, just make the canvas bigger.

slippy88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not so much the pixelation i am worried about , I mean it goes jagged because my hand wobbles on the mouse. But on illustrator i do a jagged freehand line and illustrator corrects it to become a smooth curve when i let go of click. Just wondered if you could do it in photoshop some how instead of drawing half in illustrator then cutting and pasting into photoshop!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: