PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Light Filter *HELP*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

PhotoJoe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Light Filter *HELP* Reply with quote

How do I get the skin to look as bright and attractive as the image on the right?

celebrities-before-and-after-photoshop-21.jpg
 Description:
Not my work, just experimenting
 Filesize:  147.56 KB
 Viewed:  589 Time(s)

celebrities-before-and-after-photoshop-21.jpg

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The images you have provided aren't really truthful examples of before and after Photoshop.
The one on the left has been taken by another photographer attending the shoot. This is fairly obvious as she is looking at the other camera, and not the one taking that photo.
The lighting strobes used for the shoot are triggered by the main photographers camera. This is why the first photo has natural lighting coming from behind her and the second photo has sharp shadows (on leg behind the other and on the arm) from the flash.

Other things I notice are her breast are higher, waist big time slimmer, thighs slimmer, arms leaner, knees less rounded, even the outfit looks less crinkled. No wonder women have such a hard time trying to live up to these expectations. LOL

So with your question, how do I get the skin to look as bright and attractive, In my opinion its..

70% Lighting and original photo. Makeup, flash and reflector (see pic).
15% Adobe Lightroom. Digital development, making the colours pop etc.
15% Adobe Photoshop. There was lots and lots done in Photoshop, however just focusing on the skin, mostly just healing and dodge and burn work.

So its a complex process from start to finish. Here are two tutorials.
http://psd.fanextra.com/tutorials/professional-retouching-tutorial-healing-part-1/
http://psd.fanextra.com/tutorials/professional-retouching-tutorial-dodge-and-burn-part-2/

reflector2121.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  84.54 KB
 Viewed:  578 Time(s)

reflector2121.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: