PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Just finished up a website, looking for some feedback please
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

kyleko

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Just finished up a website, looking for some feedback please Reply with quote

Hello all. I have been working on my company's website for the past few weeks using a combination of Photoshop and Flash and I am looking to see what your guys take is on it. Thanks in advance for your input!

www.metroarchitecture.net

Bex7175

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

That is one incredible looking site! Usually I'm not too keen on Flash but I think you've done a really good job.

Just one comment, if I'm just glancing quickly over the page I find the menu on the top right hand side (homepage, about us, etc) quite difficult to read. I think it's a combination of the red on the black and grey with the smaller text, it is a bit of a strain on the eyes.

Likewise on the Contact Us page, the smaller writing in red 'Your Name', 'Your Email', etc. isn't the easiest to read.

That's just me nitpicking on small issues though because the site on the whole is very nice. :)

Bex

wave of light

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good looking site. I also found the red on grey difficult to read.

Transitions are quick, which is essential with Flash sites (you don't want to have to wait 10 secs for something to fly in!).

Does your company do 3D arc viz for clients? I ask, because it is something that I am currently looking into to add to my 'list of things I do'.

Matt
VIP

PS Version: Lightroom 5, CS4 & Elements 11

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey kyleko,

I really like it too. Sometimes people can get a bit too clever with flash animations but you've got things working just right. One thing I'd mention though is the header text, it's a little bit jagged. If you look at the 'M' in Metro you'll see what I mean. Should be a fairly quicj fix but it'll look much better for it.

Still, great design!

kyleko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys, it is much appreciated. I'll play around with the text to make it easier on the eyes.

wave of light wrote:
Good looking site. I also found the red on grey difficult to read.

Transitions are quick, which is essential with Flash sites (you don't want to have to wait 10 secs for something to fly in!).

Does your company do 3D arc viz for clients? I ask, because it is something that I am currently looking into to add to my 'list of things I do'.

Our firm is currently transitioning from ACAD architecture to revit/viz. As for design renderings and elevations, I do all those mostly in Photoshop with very minor Sketchup work.

wave of light

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleko wrote:
Our firm is currently transitioning from ACAD architecture to revit/viz. As for design renderings and elevations, I do all those mostly in Photoshop with very minor Sketchup work.

Hey, thanks for the insight into your workflow. I really like your 2D photoshop renders, you've got your own certain 'look and feel' to them.

I'm currently learning lwcad (a plug in for Lightwave 3D which has a more architectural slant on design) and finding it very difficult to find any decent floor plans that are to scale.

Cheers,

Ricky.

kyleko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattyboy777 wrote:
Hey kyleko,

I really like it too. Sometimes people can get a bit too clever with flash animations but you've got things working just right. One thing I'd mention though is the header text, it's a little bit jagged. If you look at the 'M' in Metro you'll see what I mean. Should be a fairly quicj fix but it'll look much better for it.

Still, great design!

I am stuck on the header text being jagged. The image is at 400 dpi already. I have tried replacing the text as vector but the result is the same. I think its just the way the font I used is unfortunately.

Matt
VIP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey kyleko

It's probably more to do with the method of saving it. DPI is irrelevant when designing graphics for the web. What format it is being saved to, and what compression settings are you using?

kyleko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just re-created the logo in flash so now it looks crisp. It was a png-24 before. The font is pixelated in photoshop before even saving the image down.

Matt
VIP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, looks much better. Great job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: