PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
In Desperate need of Graphics/Logo :(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Jimmy058910

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: In Desperate need of Graphics/Logo :( Reply with quote

So I've been putting together a layout etc of my friend's new website he wanted which I said I could do no problem.

I'm definitely a novice, but I think what I put together isn't too bad so far. However, I have no experience with Photoshop etc so it's just plain text everywhere . The most appealing thing is the mouse over on my side bar

If someone could make a simple, yet appealing and professional header (possibly with a logo) I would be forever grateful. The dimensions needed would be 800x90. CAPS Training or C.A.P.S Training would be ideal (possibly with the abbreviated meaning below it), it's just typed out entirely to take up space at the moment

Here's a screen of what it is currently: http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6764/homepag.png

If you have any other suggestions for the design/graphics, that would be great!

Ace41

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do some research and see what other training sites use. Then based off that figure what colors you want to use this site will help you with a color scheme http://kuler.adobe.com/#themes/rating?time=30
find a font that will help the page stand out also. I would help ya with the header but kinda warped up in a few projects my self.

Good luck on the site

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panic not. perhaps try posting this in the Cash and Barter Market Place or the Freebie section of our esteemed forum ;)

SSO

PS Version: CS5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a good base for some further designing, I think. At this state it does not look very inviting or interesting, but the composition itself is okay - it just need some 'visual expansion'.

Good luck!
//SSO

CrLucch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a ton of video tutorials on youtube to improve your skills. But for a "novice" that's a pretty decent work!

GlenBB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, looks like a good layout and color theme to start with. But, i am not a fan of the font styles you chose. Well, you can download different font styles to use in Photoshop, that even with typography, you need not force yourself to create a logo. Or, you can spend some zennies for a graphic designer's fee. Big Grin
GlenBB is a part of the netiDnow.com team that helps professionals and small businesses to [url="http://www.netidnow.com/"]create a website[/url] for ecommerce with an [url="http://www.netidnow.com/shopping-cart-software.html"]online shopping cart[/url] integration in a bliss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: