PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
improving the lighting of some of my photos in photoshop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

jamesnsw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: improving the lighting of some of my photos in photoshop Reply with quote

hey, im new to photography/photoshopp! ive been taking lots of photos and enjoy it quite a lot. howeve,r and maybe it is just me, but some of my photos just dont come out exactly as i would like them to, and there is no possibility of a retake as they were taken far from where i live. i figured that is what photoshop is for, but i am having trouble pinpointing exactly what needs to be done and how to do it, to make it look better. i am not sure exactly what the problem is, either.

here are some of the photos i want the lighting to be improved on.

West Melbourne Skyline by aussiejinjo, on Flickr

Flinders St. Station 2 by aussiejinjo, on Flickr

East Melbourne Skyline by aussiejinjo, on Flickr

is there erally much of a problem here and if so, what can i do to make the lighting more.. im not sure, its hard to describe. i feel something is off with these pics but i cant put my finger exactly on it. here is a photo i feel i like much more and would like to make these former pics look more like in terms of the lighting:

Southbank Skyscrapers by aussiejinjo, on Flickr

what say all of you?
thanks!

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they look pretty good mate. Which part exactly do you think needs improvement? Highlights? Shadows? Fill?

One thing to remember, always shoot in raw and use lightroom to develop the raw files.

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above really, I would process the RAW file for shadows, mids and highlights and combine with masks.

seaco

PS Version: CC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't see a lot wrong, you will have to let us know what you need altering?

mbedford

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seaco wrote:
I really can't see a lot wrong, you will have to let us know what you need altering?
Agreed, unless you're looking for some shadow detail. Otherwise everything else looks good.

Try Shadows/Highlights in PS and just work with the Shadows settings.

michael80

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you should look for ideas on youtube. I guess what you would like to do is a way of manipulating the colors of the sky darker and give et a more darker image or with a nother picture give it a dulce vintagelook with less saturated colors. am I right it is about how you can do that such of color changing/ improving.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: