PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Import Video to Frames not working?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

lthodde116

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Import Video to Frames not working? Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I just recently got a new computer and now I can't seem to import my video to frames. When I try to do it, it'll bring me to the screen so I can select which part of the video I want to use, but it won't play the videos for me to select the parts I want. I know the videos work because I just played them. I've been able to do it before so I don't know why it isn't working now. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks.

I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like.

*Using Photoshop CS4 on a Mac using OS 10.6.8*

Screen shot 2012-06-02 at 2.28.10 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.45 KB
 Viewed:  2642 Time(s)

Screen shot 2012-06-02 at 2.28.10 PM.png

Auieos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a mac user so this is just a guess.

Looks like its trying to use QuickTime to display the video so possibly update the QuickTime codecs.

Can you open the video in QuickTime and it plays?
Does it happen on all the videos or just certain formats?

lthodde116

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auieos wrote:

Looks like its trying to use QuickTime to display the video so possibly update the QuickTime codecs.

I only have AVI files so I don't know, but no the videos won't open in QuckTime so I will try to update the codecs and hope that works. Thank you for your help! If that doesn't work I will try to get some other formats to see if they work but from my experience using photoshop, it only allows .AVI files to be imported anyway.

lthodde116

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lthodde116 wrote:
Auieos wrote:

I only have AVI files so I don't know, but no the videos won't open in QuckTime so I will try to update the codecs and hope that works. Thank you for your help! If that doesn't work I will try to get some other formats to see if they work but from my experience using photoshop, it only allows .AVI files to be imported anyway.

Ok I just found a few .MOV files on my mac from videos uploaded from my iPhone and they seem to work in Photoshop. I can't seem to find a Codec for .AVI files for Quicktime 10 though.

lthodde116

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lthodde116 wrote:
lthodde116 wrote:
Auieos wrote:

Ok I just found a few .MOV files on my mac from videos uploaded from my iPhone and they seem to work in Photoshop. I can't seem to find a Codec for .AVI files for Quicktime 10 though.

I downloaded Perian and now it works! Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: