PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How do I get rid of the end dots?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

emana

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:17 am    Post subject: How do I get rid of the end dots? Reply with quote

I'm trying to set my brush settings for sketching, but I get these dots at the ends of my strokes every time the stylus touches the tablet and when it lifts off the tablet. How do I get rid of these dots?

By the way, my drawing tablet is only an old Genius model. I'm just a novice trying to learn sketching on PS. Not sure if its an issue with the stylus/tablet. These dots are annoying though.

Screen Shot 2014-01-13 at 5.09.35 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.49 KB
 Viewed:  319 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2014-01-13 at 5.09.35 PM.png

Rarity

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, it's hard to tell whether it's in the way you sketch with the stylusor an tablet issue (this sort of stuff isnt caused by any settings I can think of so of the top of my head).

Genius tablets were and are stil considered to be quality products.

Iwould recommend checking the number of pressure levels, sudden bigger blobs might indicate a lower nu,ber of levels and therefore bigger differences on screen with smaller differences in pressure.

Also, try to work with quick and decisive strokes, it might help you out with both this issue and bothe the wobbly lines. No form of art is as forgiving as the digital forms, where one can just Ctrl+Z.

emana

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rarity wrote:
To be honest, it's hard to tell whether it's in the way you sketch with the stylusor an tablet issue (this sort of stuff isnt caused by any settings I can think of so of the top of my head).

Genius tablets were and are stil considered to be quality products.

Iwould recommend checking the number of pressure levels, sudden bigger blobs might indicate a lower nu,ber of levels and therefore bigger differences on screen with smaller differences in pressure.

Also, try to work with quick and decisive strokes, it might help you out with both this issue and bothe the wobbly lines. No form of art is as forgiving as the digital forms, where one can just Ctrl+Z.

Thank you Bart. I have tried different strokes and different pressures and they will vary in size of course, but those blots are still there. I will check the levels again, but I've seen a couple of tutorials that address the brush settings for sketching which I follow to the T and I still get the same strange blots. Will play around some more. Thanks for the reply Bart!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: