PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How did he do this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Ken28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: How did he do this? Reply with quote

Hello! My first post here.

The question I have is how did someone achieve this effect? It appears to be a painting, yet I'm thinking most of it was Photoshopped to make it appear like a painting. I'm talking about the skin and jersey - background I don't care, I got that. Does it look like pics were just altered using a filter like Dry Brush, or is there something else I'm missing? I'm more interesting in the brush strokes... the blending and background etc... I've got covered.

I like the results and wouldn't mind doing a few myself.

Thanks for any help.

tie domi small.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  152.63 KB
 Viewed:  767 Time(s)

tie domi small.jpg

hawkeye

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number ways to do it, the easiest IMHO, artistic filter-underpainting.

Ken28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that but it turns out a little jagged. Lines aren't quite as smooth.

Is there perhaps another piece of software being used? I've even tried a few other but without any luck.

I like the longer brush strokes used instead of short little dabs that software seems to give.

I'd really like to get this. My sons are avid hockey fans and I would love to give them some canvas prints with prints like these.

I know the person didn't paint the entire image by hand. I've seen these exact images elsewhere with the same skin tones etc... so I know he's used some Photoshopping skills to do this.

Thanks,
Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: