PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
FORGROUND / BACKGROUND COLOUR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Blueflame2K5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: FORGROUND / BACKGROUND COLOUR Reply with quote

AFTER USING THE COLOUR PICKER TOOL TO SELECT A COLOUR , PHOTOSHOP ALWAS USED TO DEFAULT NEW COLOUR IN TO FOREGROUND SO I COULD START USING STRAIGHT AWAY. BUT NOT SURE WHAT I HAVE DONE BUT IT NOW DEFAULTS TO THE BACKGROUND COLOUR SO I HAVE TO SWITCH THEM AROUND BEFORE I START TO PAINT. ITS DRIVING ME NUTS......................
ANYONE KNOW HOW TO RESOLVE THIS

thehermit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read it in another forum a few years back, did a little trawling and managed to come up with this link Solution Here

here's the post that is relevant to you.

Thanks to MutantPixel for the solution:

"The eyedropper tool whether directly selected or temporarily selected via 'ALT' with the brush tool feeds what it samples into the ACTIVE color. You can set the Foreground color as active, or the Background as active. If someone were to accidentally click on the BG color swatch itself in the color palette, they would set that one as the active color. It all still remains foreground and background, however, if the BG is set as active, then all future eyedropper samples would update the BG color instead of the FG.

Give it a try, open the color palette, click the color that is the BG color, you'll see the grey square around it is now black, it is now the active color (likewise the FG has a grey outline now) Whenever you sample with the eyedropper, it will sample to the BG color. Want to switch back to sampling the FG color. just click that little FG swatch and it will work the way you expect. It has been like this since ver. 2 of Photoshop, when I started using it."

Welcome to the forum.

Blueflame2K5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi The HERMIT , so glad you helped me out on this one it has been driving me nuts. Thanks once again

thehermit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, it's often the little things that send us mad! :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: