PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
custom crop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

padre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: custom crop Reply with quote

Proportionate cropping is all I can achieve with the crop tool. If I wish-- say-- to lengthen the area within the cropping perimeter, the double arrow-arc appears and starts to tilt the cropped image. I don't know how to alter the original proportional sizing of the original picture, so I can encompass details in the original which fall outside the proportional crop.

Help! I have a fine looking man in a black suit-- but he has no feet!

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may help to post a screenshot of your Photoshop window. Have you checked that you don't have any settings in the crop window and pressed clear to reset the values?

crop-settings.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.25 KB
 Viewed:  1197 Time(s)

crop-settings.gif

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: custom crop Reply with quote

hi,
not sure where started to where your at in your secquences...

first... let me say... i am assuming your using transformaing.....
generally around the outside corners youwill get a curve double arrow which turns things.... however... ifyou movie it furth as you get to the actual corner of the box. it should trun into a double straight arrow...
in which case you can either
1. hold the shift key down and click and drag and you can proportionately shrink or inlarge the box....

2. or --- if younotice on each side of the box there a trasnparen handle (small sqaure box) now click and drag one that little box will allow you to either enlarge or shrink that side!!

you maybe interested in this little tutorial on the transform feature.......

padre wrote:
Proportionate cropping is all I can achieve with the crop tool. If I wish-- say-- to lengthen the area within the cropping perimeter, the double arrow-arc appears and starts to tilt the cropped image. I don't know how to alter the original proportional sizing of the original picture, so I can encompass details in the original which fall outside the proportional crop.

Help! I have a fine looking man in a black suit-- but he has no feet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: