PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Create and edit textures for 3D models (Create UV overlays)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Romano

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Create and edit textures for 3D models (Create UV overlays) Reply with quote

image for this post question:

I read this (link) and then noticed that when I double-click a texture in the Layers panel to open it for editing two things can happen:

1) if the UV texture is a bitmap 2D image I get that thing for drop shadow, inner glow, etc. and the 3D > Create UV Overlays is greyed out;

2) if the UV texture is part of a 3D file I imported to PS I get a 3D editing panel and the 3D > Create UV Overlays is still greyed out.

I wonder ...What I can do to correctly open a texture map and have it as the active window so the 3D > Create UV Overlays is available?

That is my first question, my goal is to use PS to make textures for my 3D models, so all I really want is to be able to turn what I paint on the 3D object into a UV texture (the painting on the 3D model is easy to do, the only problem is to make the result be saved as useful UV texture, how do I do that?) so any good tutorial (text or video) is very appreciated as well as any suggestion/help.

Romano.

Auieos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says on that link you posted...

'Create UV Overlays is only enabled when a texture map is open and is the active window.'

They are only a guide anyway so their usefulness for what you need them for is questionable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: