PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Colouring photos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Janman

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Colouring photos Reply with quote

Hello!

I have some Black & White pictures, and I want to color them (not because I want them to look realistic, but because I want them to look cool ;P ).

I got inspired from Green Day - Basket Case music video (http://youtu.be/NUTGr5t3MoY):

The music video was originally shot in Black & White, but was later added some very nice and abstract colors. Can you tell me how I can achieve the same cool effect in Photoshop with my black & white pictures?

I'm kinda new to photoshop, and I don't know all the possibilities in it, but I hope you can guide me through!
Feel free to link me some guides and tutorials on this topic. (I don't want to waste your time if not necessary)

- Janman

Auieos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easiest way of doing it is to put new layers of color on top of you black and white layer and then change the blending mode color.

Below is a really crude example that should give you the right idea of how to attack it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: