PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Can't do ANYTHING because of cursor problem!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

aoisenshi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Can't do ANYTHING because of cursor problem! Reply with quote

I speak with little hyperbole. This is the strangest thing that's ever happened in my history of using computers. ONLY in Photoshop CS5, everywhere I put the cursor over (canvas, menus, toolbars, preference window, etc), it's not the normal black Mac cursor, or the cursor it's supposed to be in the canvas (like a circle for the brush tool). It's the black Mac cursor with a little black rectangle to the right of it. I normally get this cursor by holding option, but now holding option gets rid of it! This wouldn't be much of a problem, except I can't do anything in the canvas when the cursor is in this mode. The only thing I figured out to do is use the brush tool which I do by holding the option key to get rid of the odd cursor.
I desperately need help...
I couldn't find an image of what the nefarious cursor looks like, so I had to draw one, and since I can only use the brush tool, this is what I was able to do.

ron

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSCS5 has a problem with cursers sometimes if your display drivers are old. You can Google it.
I had a similar problem with my PC Windows 7. Got the update from NVidia, problem solved..good luck

aoisenshi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks...
Umm... Little confused right now.
I launched PS and then began googling NVidia photoshop cursor stuff. Then Photoshop was done launching and opened. I switched to PS to confirm the problem, and... IT'S MYSTERIOUSLY FIXED.
It wasn't working last night, and I didn't do anything regarding PS. Just worked with a client in Final Cut Pro. But now it's better.
I noticed that the cursor was set to the "standard" cursor (the brush when painting). I've always used the circle cursor when painting, so maybe my cursor prefs were deleted overnight.

Anyways, I'm happy. Thanks! Big Grin

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that you got it sorted. :) Welcome to PF!

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Resistance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having this issue, any fixes?

thehermit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess updating your video drivers is the core advice here, the OP fixed it, but had another Adobe product activated at the time and so we can't be sure that was the problem, but I would start with new drivers and work my way up to new problems ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: