PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Can i have your input on this image?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

jedwilliams

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Can i have your input on this image? Reply with quote

I created this image because i need to practice more with cutting images out and placing them in other images. I did this one because Resident Evil 4 is my favorite game ever, and also because i live near the space needle. Please dont be too harsh :) i know it isnt great specially leon (the guy in the far back) feel free to give me some tips to doing this better.

re4inseattle.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.02 KB
 Viewed:  643 Time(s)

re4inseattle.jpg

hawkeye

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a small image so I can't see it very well... But from what I can see:
Lighting is always important and it should always match the existing scene. In this case the Space Needle is lighted from the right side. Now look at the people, all three people are lit differently, so it's just not going to look realistic. If they were lighted the same there would also be shadows that would match the direction of the light.

PS_MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use a quick mask (q to enter)

raz50

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there,

I'm also practicing a lot with cutting out. Try to give the people on the pic a shadow on the ground. Just lightly. To my expirience it will never feel real without just a bit of shadow or interaction with the original image. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Also what hawkeye explains makes sense. It bugs when you want a certain character in a certain scene. The lighting will hardly ever match instantly. I'm not skilled enough to adjust that.

oceanbeast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try mastering the pen tool for extractions its a great tool for that. also feather your selections and try to eliminate the white areas around them better, the pen tool is great once you get the hang of it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: