PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Brightness and Lighting on a human
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Q84

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Brightness and Lighting on a human Reply with quote

Hi All,

My first post :) hoping I've come to the right place and you guys can help..

I need to brighten up a set of images, to be honest not sure if brighten up is the exact word as its a bit dull, I guess it is more to do with the lighting or add some form of lighting to the images. The image in question is Orig.jpeg and need it to have the effect seen on the Final.jpeg as examples.

From playing about with a couple of tools such as brightness and vibrance, it seems to brighten it a lot or not bright enough, and then in some cases it goes to orangey with a tan look….. I just can't find the exact thing that is required.

I have tried googling up tutorials but not sure what the outcome I am looking for is actually called, I tried brightness etc but it brings up lots of other tutorials that do not exactly show what it is that I require.

I have tried all soughs of plugins also, just not getting there.. The facial touching up of blemishes etc is not a problem.. it's the lighting I am having an issue with.

My two shots at it are MyTry1.jpeg, I had someone else try and they came really close, well better then my tries, but still missing that something.

So the questions I have is

1. What is is that I am missing or need to do, tool needs to be used or the technique to get the orig to have the same effect as Final.jpeg

Hope the above made sense, if not do ask away :) and i'll do my best to explain.

Thanks.

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment the image has too much yellow, there is a visible caste in the image. I corrected the colours by finding the b&w points using a threshold adjustment layer and found the grey point using a 50% grey layer set to difference. I think the main problem with the image is a lack of contrast, this could be boosted a variety of ways, I used a duplicate layer set to multiply at 35%, but you could add contrast via an adjustment layer. I also added a curves adjustment layer and boosted the reds in the skin a touch by clicking and dragging in the skin tones.

You can miss out the colour correcting and move straight on to the adding contrast if you prefer a slightly orange hue skin tone.

Q84

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit, thank you for your response and taking the time to play about with the image :)

okay a lot of the stuff i must say is over my head, even though I had heard of it.. I did try a couple of things like playing with the contrast and then tried adding the thresold layer but that just made it all b/w :O and then also tried the multiply, wasn't the same as yours :O?

I think I may need a step by step guide Frown

Also any chance you can send me a bigger size of the image you done so i can upload it and see the comparision online to the others, as its for an online shop :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: