PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Advice needed on using Reduce Noise to create an effect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

nellipope

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Advice needed on using Reduce Noise to create an effect. Reply with quote

Hi, hoping some one can help. Although I have always used Photoshop, late at night once the Mac is switched off, I occasionally play around and edit photos through Adobe Photoshop Express on my IPad. The software has a Reduce Noise function, which creates this lovely soft (but crisp where it should be) glassy effect, which I love (see link below)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94180294@N06/8567759579/

Sadly, Photoshop Express resamples the image down to 72dpi. Which is no good. I foolishly thought that I could just re-create the same effect using Photoshop. But it doesn't appear to be that simple. I can get it this far . . .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94180294@N06/8568859706/

As you can see, its just not the same, I have passed it through the Reduce Noise filter a few times here (settings; Strength 10, Preserve 15%, the others 100%) but its that pearlescent sort of glow in the highlights that I cant seem to recreate. Any ideas?

Janifar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey its really amazing effect. There is more difference between old and new one. Great job!!!

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum nellipope.

Have you tried using one of the other blur filters in Photoshop? Smart Blur springs to mind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: