PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How to deactivate/reactivate new PS CS6
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

jarhtmd

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: How to deactivate/reactivate new PS CS6 Reply with quote

My computer hard-drive died. I’m having a new HD installed.

Photoshop CS6 was installed & registered with Adobe (verified online, by serial#) . I don’t remember the process when I 1st installed, but it is my understanding that PS can be installed only 2 times (desktop & laptop). Under normal circumstances, I would have “deactivated” PS.

What should I do? Can I call to deactivae? If so, what #?

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey jarhtmd,

Thanks for posting. :)

Yes, you will have to contact Adobe. You can find the details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html#deactivate-problem

But to cut to the chase, have your serial number ready and go here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=ZNA_downloading-installing-setting-up_licensing-activation

They'll get you back in action. :)

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

jarhtmd

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Patrick.

I searched around, googling "photoshop deactivation', etc & finally got to that same place and finally got to "chat" with Adobe. After supplying the serial#, I was very quickly deactivated. One little bit of confusion was that the serial# still shows as registered, even after deactivation.

I guess registration & activation are 2 separate things.

I haven't re-installed & re-activated yet. I'm trying to straighten out my backed up files. Thankfully, they are all on an ext-HD, but in a "less than" logical/orderly arrangement.

Thanks again.

Jim

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that you were able to sort out the serial number and deactivation. Good luck with the rest! I've gone through it before.

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

jarhtmd

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I re-installed CS6 (64 bit) from original CD. Now when I run CS6 a popup gives 2 choices . . .

• License This Software

o This (sort of) implied Activation, but license (registration) is a whole different animal from Activation. Adobe's site still shows my serial# registered (a couple of years ago)

o After I enter Serial# it said "serial# is valid, but a qualifying product could not be found on this computer"

 The choices for products does not include Photoshop CS6.

 I sent questions via link provided (target response time is 4 business hours - a day & a half, I figure because of holiday)

o I just now noticed that the pop-ups are labeled "CS6 Extended". Would that make a difference? The CD box just says Photoshop CS6 (not Extended).

• Continue Trial

o This implies that use of the program is temporary & will later be disabled.

o This appears to open CS6 normally.

 Help/Deactivate is grayed out - implying that it's not activated.

 I was able to D/L & install updates.

Also, it has been so long since I originally installed Photoshop that I've forgotten all the controls, etc that I have to set up.
• Preferences
• Actions/Scripts
• Plug-ins
• What else ??????????

I have not tried your links, yet. I think I'm already deactivated. That's what the online chat told me. Is this still an activation problem or has it turned into an installation problem? Installation seemed to go very smoothly.

jarhtmd

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps CS6 (64bit) is Extended & I should have installed "plain vanilla" Photoshop CS6, instead of 64bit. I guess the serial # is what distinguishes which version was bought.

Does that make sense? There was nothing in/on the box to indicate which I should install. Both were pre-checked during install. I guess maybe that's Adobe's approach to new sales.

I don't want to uninstall & start over again unless I have to. The update process took a very long time. No need to go thru that until I'm sure that is the problem.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey jarhtmd,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I am not sure, personally. Have you heard from Adobe yet? I would try whatever you can think of, but if your serial is not showing as deactivated, I would assume it isn't deactivated and contact Adobe again. Sorry I can't offer more.

Patrick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: