PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Color goes outside of marquee/some color is faded within mar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Dixieliciousssss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Color goes outside of marquee/some color is faded within mar Reply with quote

I've been trying to do this project and every time, with this specific project, this happens. I don't know if it's an issue with the "expand" command, because it doesn't happen with regular marquees. I can always just erase the excess and use a brush to go over the light areas until they're at their darkest, but I figured there's an easier way to do this?

So pretty much I select my image, delete the white around it. Then I expand what I have selected by 50 pixels so it surrounds my image. Then, on a separate layer, I fill the expanded marquee selection with white.

But as you can see, the color leaves small, light blotches outside of the marquee area, as seen by the feet, and part of the area within the marquee is also very light, as seen by the shoulder area. How do I solve this issue?

Thank you.

Beekeeper

PS Version: Photoshop CS4, CS5, CS6

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Color goes outside of marquee/some color is faded within Reply with quote

Dixieliciousssss wrote:
I've been trying to do this project and every time, with this specific project, this happens. I don't know if it's an issue with the "expand" command, because it doesn't happen with regular marquees. I can always just erase the excess and use a brush to go over the light areas until they're at their darkest, but I figured there's an easier way to do this?

So pretty much I select my image, delete the white around it. Then I expand what I have selected by 50 pixels so it surrounds my image. Then, on a separate layer, I fill the expanded marquee selection with white.

But as you can see, the color leaves small, light blotches outside of the marquee area, as seen by the feet, and part of the area within the marquee is also very light, as seen by the shoulder area. How do I solve this issue?

Thank you.

The issue is you have left a small pixels around the image. You can easily see this when you use the expand option.

Try to cut the image (image only and not the empty spaces around it) and paste it another document and try the same expand option.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: