PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Help. trying to recreate a look on another image
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

ulb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Help. trying to recreate a look on another image Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new so if i have posted incorrectly I'm sorry.

I am looking to recreate a similar effect done to the attached image. Any direction or tutorials will be greatly appreciated.

I want to match the way they have kinda blurred out the background of that shot. I know its a motherboard from a computer but just wondering how to recreate that effect.

Any help would be great.

12927553-dark-blue-technology-background.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  151.42 KB
 Viewed:  2511 Time(s)

12927553-dark-blue-technology-background.jpg

Auieos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Create a new canvas with white background layer
2. Copy a picture of a motherboard on new layer 2, i used (http://www.build-your-own-computer.net/image-files/ga-ma78gm-s2h-00.jpg)
3. De-saturate layer 2 aka the motherboard layer and drop the layer opacity to 70%
4. Copy a picture of a PCB onto a new layer 3, i used (http://www.pcbss.com/wp-content/uploads/wpcu3er/1758/CU3ER_PCBss04/images/1_pcb-design-consulting-c.jpg)
5. Select layer 3 blend mode as overlay.
6. Merge layers 2 and 3 together and desaturat the result. Drop the opacity of the merged layer down to 80% and use the Gaussian blur filter on it. (I used a blur of 1.2px)
7. Now create a new solid color adjustment layer and use the green blue/cyan colour. Set this layers blend mode to multiply.
8. Lastly create a levels adjustment layer and use it to raise the brightness, then fill the layer mask with black and use a soft brush to create the spotlight type effect.

And your done. Good luck with it and if you get stuck just ask for more help.

blurbo1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.31 KB
 Viewed:  2450 Time(s)

blurbo1.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: