PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Hey Everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Introductions
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Smiler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Hey Everyone! Reply with quote

Hey,

I am knew to the forum so thought I would say hi. I've got CS5 and Windows Vista and am about to start trying to really practice and get good using photoshop.

I have done very very minimal work in the past, literally a bit of text work with a basic drop shadow and that's it.

I want to hopefully be able to achieve some great pieces of work, mainly in the sci-fi, fantasy, dreamscape sort of area as some the pieces I have seen on this subject have blown me away and i'd love to achieve that.

Any ideas would be helpful on where to start, basically I am going to start looking at doing some basic tutorials to start getting used to some basic techniques and any pointers towards decent tutorials for beginners would be very helpful.

Cheers, look forward to chatting to you all in the future!

Matt
VIP

PS Version: Lightroom 5, CS4 & Elements 11

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smiler, and welcome to the Forums!

Try the adobe tutorials page for CS5 first, then check out Youtube, there's loads of tutorials on there.

http://www.adobe.com/support/photoshop/gettingstarted/index.html

Good luck

Smiler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mattyboy777, i got a copy of "How to cheat in photoshop CS4" from a friend which i am currently working though.

Very good book which is getting me more accustomed to how to achieve things.

I want to spend a bit of time on lighting, blending and shadows so ill put up a few pieces soon and get everyone to rip it apart and get me doing things properly.

thanks again.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belated welcome to you, Smiler. :)

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: