PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Graphical problem in Photoshop driving me crazy!!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

foxx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Graphical problem in Photoshop driving me crazy!! Reply with quote

At certain times, when I'm typing something in a text layer, filing in something with a color, using a brush, making a shape, or etc., the image output doesn't update until I do something like move the window or minimize then bring the image up again. I've had this problem for probably over a year and it's occurred with Photoshop 7.0, CS3, and CS4. It doesn't always happen though, around 60% of the time, Photoshop works just fine on my computer, and I can't ever find out what the reason is to whether or not this problem occurs. If you have any advice or ideas, please tell me. I also uploaded a video showing an example of this problem that you can download at http://japanorb.com/SlowText.avi (~25mb). Thank you.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much RAM does your computer have? The next time it occurs, look at the task manager and see if there is something else utilizing a lot of memory/CPU.

wave of light

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Hawkeye said it could be to do with RAM. I had these 'Slow to react' problems when I was on 32 bit windows and running PS 7.

I don't have it now, but you could always change some of your standard preferences CTRL+K, turning off 'Animated Zoom' and 'Enable Flick Panning'.

Also, there's the obvious... try not to have other programs running at the same time.

foxx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I still have that problem and I'm using 1800mb out of 4gb of RAM. I have iTunes that's using up 127mb and Firefox that's using up 450mb of ram. Would those cause problem, even when I have that much RAM?

Where would I find those settings? Sadly I'm also on 32 bit Windows.

wave of light

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be. Thing is, 4GB is the limit of 32 bit Windows, but that doesn't mean you'll always get 4 GB to play with. I've seen posts on forums that show, with no other programs running, that you only get 2.75 GB to play with.

So you add up what you have running (approx. 2.5 GB) and that doesn't leave you too much to play with.

foxx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, but I just restarted my computer and opened only Photoshop (minus some low-usage autostarting programs), and I'm still getting the exact same problem, even with 800mb of RAM used!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: