PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
bug in color profiles, color management & working spaces
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

s_ke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: bug in color profiles, color management & working spaces Reply with quote

Hi everyone:

First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to read and answer my questions!!! I am having a having a major bug in CS3's creative suite. The problem is the following:

1. My settings are not sticking in Photoshop. Last night I selected Adobe RGB as my working space and this morning I woke up with it being Apple RGB.
2. Bridge. When I select one of the thumbnails of my edited files I see the colors and levels changing before my very eyes. My theory is that profiles are being assigned to the images as I select them.
3. Photoshop. Photoshop is assigning embedded profiles (of whatever working space is selected) into my files. I have the color management system on off so this should not be happening.

The only solutions that I came up with were to either uninstall and reinstall creative suite or upgrade to CS4. Does anyone have any other suggestions out there? I would greatly appreciate them.

All my best,
s_ke

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit-Color Settings.

s_ke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: thanks so much I did try this Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your reply! I did try editing the color settings. In fact, I turned the color management system on off while I was working and it still kept mysteriously embedding color profiles (which it shouldn't have done since the color management settings were on off). Any other thoughts? I am thinking I should just reinstall the creative suite or upgrade. Thanks for the suggestion, though I appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: