PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Strange text issue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

JCathcart

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Strange text issue Reply with quote

Hi, I tried looking for an answer to this but I came up with nothing, so here goes...forgive me if there is an obvious answer to this...I'm a novice photoshopper.

Anyhow, everything was fine until I downloaded and opened an animated .gif in Photoshop 7.0 for manipulation. I'm not sure how .gifs work, so I just used the one frame of the animation that came up when I opened it.
I did the job an everything turned out fine.

However, from now on when I use the text function in Photoshop, the text always comes out pixelated and jagged. I cant figure out how to fix this...any help?

Gallo_Pinto

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you have the text tool selected from the tools panel, and you're on teh layer that has the text on it, you should see the contextual bar along the top of photoshop has 4 boxes to select option. On the left is the font, then there's a dropdown to select bold or italic, then the size, and the remaining box has the options "None, Sharp, Crisp, Strong, and Smooth". If this is set to "None" then that's your problem. Try "Smooth" for starters, in many cases you'll find that "Strong" and "Crisp" work well.

JCathcart

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I'm afraid that's not it...

I'm afraid the text still turns out pixelated regardless of the setting in that box.

It seems more like some other graphical setting must have changed when I worked in another file type?

Maybe I should just reinstall the program...unless there's a way to default settings???

Gallo_Pinto

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holding ctrl-alt-shift while you click on the photoshop shortcut to start it up will make it ask you if you'd like to reset the prefs.

Also one more stupid suggestion, make sure yo're looking at the text at 100%, 50%, 25% etc.. zoom.
Strange numbers like 33.3% will make it look bad.

JCathcart

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for filling me in opn the ctrl+alt+shift trick. Resetting the settings totally took care of the problem. Not sure what it was, but it definitely was something on the actual text and not just the view in the program. It would turn up in things I printed and the DVD menus I was making. Glad it's gone. Wish I knew what it was that caused it, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: