PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photoshop and Publisher?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Toby

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Photoshop and Publisher? Reply with quote

Hey guys,

What I want to do is firstly make a background image in photoshop fade from say 100% - 50% (so that text can be put over it and still be seen clearly.)

And secondly I would like to insert that image into Publisher without it stuffing up or looking different in publisher than what it does in photoshop.

Hope that makes sense... Any help I could get on this would be much appreciated.

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming you want the whole image at 50%? if so I'd make a duplicate layer, click back on the bottom layer (the original called background) and CRTL +A to select all then hit delete, then click back on the top layer (the duplicate) and lower the opacity untill your happy, this is 50% here.
If you want it to fade across the image so the top (for example) is at 50% then you need to use the gradient tool from white to nothing on a new layer and ajust the opacity to get what your want.

My pics look the same in publisher as photoshop do your look different and if so in which way? Wayne

DSCN2290 copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.61 KB
 Viewed:  364 Time(s)

DSCN2290 copy.jpg

Toby

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Thanks very much. Reply with quote

I did exactly as you said Wayne and it worked like a charm. I think I almost achieved this myself, but somewhere along the lines, missed a step or did it differently and that'a why I couldn't quite figure it out.

Thanks again. Big Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: