PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
more ps illust.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

ronmatt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevealmighty. If you're new to PS for creating images, then you may want to go to PS Help and the guide to learn about raster images. Here's a brief .
Contrary to a previous reply, rasterizing text makes the text 'un-editable' because it makes an 'image' of the text. That means the text will be bitmapped and part of the image that surrounds it. The vector and outline quality of the text will be gone. regarding the image you create, it's not neccessary to rasterize all images. (they will rasterize when you merge or save as almost any file format anyway). But if you use the eraser tool as a brush, as I do, then the brush shape will 'fill' with whatever it is you're erasing. Easy enough to notice as you work with images at full density so you can undo the action and rasterize it. But as you image gets more complex and you erase images with transparency you may not notice that the image wasn't rastered, and you may not see the 'residue' that is there. The effect of rasterizing on the 'pixel' level is this. Say you have a RED pixel adjacent to a yellow one. un rasterized the darker one (red) will overprint the lighter one (yellow) most printers can't print that. When you rasterize or convert to .jpg, .png, tiff, bmp or most other file formats the overprint feature is gone and you get 'orange' where the red once overprinted the yellow. This also 'softens' the image. That's it in a nutshell, hope it helps.

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, was that detailed or what, thanks for that, that made me learn alot i didnt already know, and i bet that heplped steve alot too! cheers ronmatt

Free File Uploader for Everyone to use
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: